- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
St. Michael's Manor
At a Glance
- spacious rooms
- excellent food
- beautiful grounds
- a little too grand for some
Check Rates from our Partners
St. Michael's Manor Review
In the same family for three generations, this luxurious 16th-century manor house close to the center of St. Albans is set in 5 acres of sweeping grounds. Plush furniture helps make the antiques- and painting-filled public areas inviting, and the contemporary-style bedrooms are filled with thoughtful extras like complimentary bottled water, fruit, and cookies. The conservatory restaurant serves Modern British cuisine with French touches. Champagne at afternoon tea is a treat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We will have 10 days to do some touring from the beginning of May.
We will depart from London and had been thinking to head north. Visiting York and heading to the Lakes District. Is this a good choice? Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more