- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Superbly positioned right on the marine promenade, close to Bournemouth Pier, this place has views over sand and sea. It also serves the best seafood in town, whether grilled, baked, or in fish pies and stews. The menu usually lists halibut, sea bass, plaice, and shellfish (oysters, mussels, lobster). Nonfish dishes may include rib-eye steak and sesame mille-feuille with grilled sweet potato and eggplant. The simple wooden tables and large glass front lend a modern, minimalist feel, and there's a narrow deck and terrace for open-air dining. In summer you can pick up ice cream and snacks from the adjacent takeout.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
My wife and I are planning a trip to London in June. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more