Kingston Lacy Review
Sir Charles Barry, co-architect of the Houses of Parliament in London, altered this grand 17th-century house in the 19th century. It has a notable picture collection including works by Titian, Rubens, Van Dyck, and Velásquez, as well as the fabulous Spanish Room, lined with gilded leather and topped by an ornate Venetian ceiling. There's also a fine collection of Egyptian artifacts. Parkland with walking paths surrounds the house.
- Address: B3082, 1½ miles northwest of Wimborne Minster, Wimborne Minster, BH21 4EA
- Phone: 01202/883402
- Cost: £14; park and garden only £8
- Hours: House mid-Mar.–Oct., Wed.–Sun. 11–5, last admission at 4; Mon., admission by guided tour only (every 20 min). Garden and park mid-Mar.–Oct., daily 10:30–6; Nov.–mid-Mar., daily 10:30–4
- Website: www.nationaltrust.org.uk
- Location: Wimborne Minster