- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Waggon and Horses
Waggon and Horses Review
A 16th-century thatched building, this traditional inn and pub is a two-minute drive from the prehistoric circle. Dickens mentioned the building in the Pickwick Papers. Excellent lunches and dinners are served beside a fire. Homemade dishes include steak, kidney, and ale pie, pork terrine, and goat's cheese and spinach rissoto. In high season it's something of a tourist hub.
- Address: A4, east of A361 Beckhampton, SN8 1QJ
- Phone: 01672/539418
- Location: Avebury
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a trip next summer and would like to visit England, Scotland, and Wales. Read more
· News & Features
The incredible popularity of Masterpiece Classic's Downton Abbey has put the spotlight on Highclere Castle, ... Read more