Silbury Hill Review
Rising 130 feet and comparable in height and volume to the roughly contemporary pyramids in Egypt, the largest man-made mound in Europe dates from about 2400 BC. Though there have been periodic excavations of the mound since the 17th century, its original purpose remains unknown The viewing area, less than 1 mile east of Avebury, is accessible only during daylight hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's