- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Within England, the train is still the best way to reach this region. East Coast runs the train service from London to the Northeast. The average travel times from London are three hours to Durham and Newcastle. From Newcastle you can catch local trains to Alnwick, Corbridge, Hexham, and Carlisle; these journeys take about 30 minutes. National Rail Enquiries has information.
East Coast (0845/722–5333. www.eastcoast.co.uk.)
National Rail Enquiries (0845/748–4950. www.nationalrail.co.uk.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's