- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- pampering rooms
- full of atmosphere
- far outside town
- high prices
- you'll have to dress up for dinner
Check Rates from our Partners
Seaham Hall Review
Lord Byron married Annabella Milbanke in this foursquare mansion on a cliff top overlooking the sea in 1815; today the sumptuous contemporary interior is a haven of luxury. Stately bedrooms have their own fireplaces, original artwork, two-person baths, and exotic flowers. At the equally elegant restaurant, indulge in dishes such as loin of venison and root vegetables flavored with chocolate. Make some time for the excellent Serenity Spa, inspired by feng shui principles. Seaham is 15 miles south of the center of Newcastle, off A19.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We will have 10 days to do some touring from the beginning of May.
We will depart from London and had been thinking to head north. Visiting York and heading to the Lakes District. Is this a good choice? Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more