With a courtyard at the back and a patio at the front, this chic "restaurant with rooms" is perfect for a light lunch at midday or a full meal in the evening. The restaurant, in a former furniture factory belonging to local designer George Russell, is modern, airy, and stylish. Menus concentrate on Modern British dishes, with such temptations as Warwickshire lamb with herb crust and roast garlic mash, blood orange soufflé, and a double creme brulée, one gingerbread and the other cappuccino. The less expensive fixed-price menu is just as tempting, and there's also an attached fish-and-chip shop. Seven boutique-style rooms upstairs are very sleek.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In a couple of days we will be off to London and Italy. Traveling with my husband (DH) and 2 children (10 & 13) DD and DS. We are off... Read more
Aided by every guide book and travel video ever created about Scotland, a lifetime of my father's stories about the family clan, and ... Read more