- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kostel svatého Mikuláše (Church of St. Nicholas)
Kostel svatého Mikuláše (Church of St. Nicholas) Review
The plain but imposing Church of St. Nicholas was begun in 1230, when the church belonged to the Order of Teutonic Knights. You can still see Romanesque windows on the towers; tinkering throughout the centuries added an impressive Gothic portal and a baroque interior. Just inside the Gothic entrance is a wonderfully faded plaque commemorating the diamond jubilee of Hapsburg emperor Franz Joseph in 1908.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We will be traveling from Brno to Budapest in June. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more