Kourion Beach. Once you gaze down on Kourion Beach from the heights of the Kourion amphitheater, you'll certainly want to head down the hills to spend time on its beautiful sands—one of the longest stretches on Cyprus. Though it's easiest to reach Kourion Beach by car, you can also take a bus from Limassol, 17 km (10 miles) to the east. If you're making a day of it, rent a sunbed and umbrella from a nearby taverna; the well-regarded Blue Beach Bar & Restaurant makes a pleasant stop for a seafood break. Amenities: food and drink; parking (no fee). Best for: walking; windsurfing. Kourion.
Lady's Mile Beach. The closest beach to Limassol's cruise ship port, Lady's Mile is a 7-km (4-mile) hard sand and pebble beach about a 15-minute drive from the center of town. Its shallow waters are popular with locals, especially on the weekends. Bring your own umbrella if you'd like some shade, as well as insect repellent in the evenings. Amenities: food and drink; lifeguards; water sports. Best for: swimming. Near New Port, Limassol.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's