- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
With lovely parks, squares, museums, and churches, hoofing it in Croatia's compact capital is an unforgettable experience. If your feet fail, you can always jump on a convenient tram.
Plitvice Lakes National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, is Croatia's most-visited park, with 16 crystal-clear lakes connected by waterfalls and cascades.
Zagorje's forested hills north of Zagreb are ornamented by some lovely fortresses, built to ward off centuries of onslaughts by various foes.
Here you get the best of both worlds: top-notch seafood and Central European meaty, spicy fare. And best of all, prices are fairly reasonable even at the top restaurants.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe