- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Close at hand and well-connected to Split by ferry and catamaran services, the island of Brač can be visited in an easy day trip. With extensive tourist development along the coast and a stark, wild interior, the island is best known for its stunning beach. It is also a prime windsurfing spot. The top resort area is Bol. To get there, either catch an early morning Jadrolinija ferry from Split to Supetar (9 nautical miles) and then take a bus across the island to the south coast, or catch the midafternoon Jadrolinija catamaran from Split to Bol (24 nautical miles), which then continues to Jelsa on the island of Hvar.
Elsewhere in Central Dalmatia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's