The 'Swan' restaurant is about 8 miles (around 20 minutes by taxi) southeast of central Sofia, but its setting alone—beside the shores of Pancharevo Lake—makes the effort of getting here worthwhile. The ambiance is simply breathtaking and the elegant interior, with its latticework screens and occasional Buddha statuary, is designed to evoke images of Japan and the Far East. That's more for the feng shui aspect, however, as the excellent food (both in taste and value) is more European in style, with a long list of great fish and meat dishes as well as several salad options. You can also dine in the garden during the summer.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
So, I did not expect to be following up my last report on this subject (http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/10-days-hardly-in-paris-wandering-the-ile-de-france.cfm) so quickly, but plans for anothe Read more
After we left Urbino, we drove to Fabriano. Read more
I am travelling from France to Paris via TGV the tram on the 24/12/2013. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more