Fodor's European Cruise Ports of Call
The 'Swan' restaurant is about 8 miles (around 20 minutes by taxi) southeast of central Sofia, but its setting alone—beside the shores of Pancharevo Lake—makes the effort of getting here worthwhile. The ambiance is simply breathtaking and the elegant interior, with its latticework screens and occasional Buddha statuary, is designed to evoke images of Japan and the Far East. That's more for the feng shui aspect, however, as the excellent food (both in taste and value) is more European in style, with a long list of great fish and meat dishes as well as several salad options. You can also dine in the garden during the summer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more