- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
This museum may deviate from the historical quaintness found everywhere else in Brugge, but it makes for a diverting bookend if you've been trawling the delightful chocolate shops in town. This collection traces the history of the cocoa bean, from its origins in the Americas to its popularity in Europe. There are also chocolate-making demonstrations, and a chance to taste. If you're still hungering for food-based educational displays, Choco-Story's nearby sister, the Frietmuseum (French Fry Museum) at Vlamingstraat 33 will tell you everything you need to know about the history of the potato, and why french fries should really be called Belgian fries (!). It has the same opening times and entry charge.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
I've been going to Europe for about 25 years and when I was younger I relished fancy meals, long tasting menus, staying at a chateau that had a cooking school, etc. Read more
When I was planning my trip to Bruges, I got advice on a Fodor forum that I could see everything in a day or two. Read more
I plan to visit a few of the following in a 15-19 days tour starting from London.
Must visits for me :
Amsterdam 2N,Berlin 3N,Krakow 2N,Munich Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more