The street leads up to the quay where goods from Spain were unloaded. The house at No. 9 was where St. Ignatius of Loyola stayed when he came to Flanders on holidays from his studies in Paris. Directly ahead are the three arches of the Augustijnenbrug. Dating from 1391, it's the oldest bridge in Brugge. On the other side of the canal, Augustijnenrei is one of the loveliest quays.
Spanjaardstraat, Brugge, Belgium