- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Top Reasons to Visit Antwerp
Shop 'Til You Drop. Antwerp is a sophisticated shopper's paradise, with a center that's crammed with trendy stores and designer boutiques showing off the latest creations by the region's top fashionistas—although you may need fresh air when you see some of the price tags.
Diamonds Are Forever. Shiny rocks are not just a girl's best friend in Europe's largest center of diamond trading. If you can't afford to buy, you can still admire, and watch them being cut at Diamondland.
No Struggling Artist. Vincent van Gogh may have had to barter his paintings in exchange for meals, but it's clear from a visit to Peter Paul Rubens's home that the Flemish master had no such problems earning a living. The lovingly restored home re-creates what it would have been like when the 17th-century court painter to Archduke Albrecht was in his prime.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Antwerp Savings! Book at Crowne Plaza Antwerpen Fr $104+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Antwerp Fr $131+/Nt Expedia
- Ramada Plaza Antwerp in May: $101 & Up — $101 Expedia
- Fletcher Keyserlei on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $93+/Nt — $93 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Save at 4-Star De Keyser: $137 & Up in May — $137 Save with Expedia, $15/night less