- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Attached to the Burgtheater, this was once the carriage vestibule of the emperor's court theater. Today, the dining room with marble Corinthian columns, coffered arcades, and flickering candlelight adds romance, but don't expect high drama. An example of Ringstrasse architecture, the Burgtheater offers splendor at its most staid. Christian Domschitz, one of Austria's best chefs, took over the kitchen in 2010. The menu changes frequently, but often includes veal goulash, minced salmon in thyme oil, or the dish Domschitz is famed for, lobster with creamy cabbage.
- Address: Burgtheater, Dr. Karl Lueger-Ring 2, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/532–4999
- Website: www.vestibuel.at
- U-Bahn: Tram: 1 or 2.
- Location: The Western City Center: Burgtheater and Beyond
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and 3 wks in Aug. No lunch Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Our 40th anniversary (20 day) trip to Germany-Vienna: Part 1 - Castles
Overview: My wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary with a trip to Germany and a side trip to Vienna. Read more
Report Abuse We recently returned from Bavaria, Germany and Austria (Sept 1-20). Read more
Hi, my boyfriend and I are planning a 20 day backpacking trip in May. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more