- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Attached to the Burgtheater, this was once the carriage vestibule of the emperor's court theater. Today, the dining room with marble Corinthian columns, coffered arcades, and flickering candlelight adds romance, but don't expect high drama. An example of Ringstrasse architecture, the Burgtheater offers splendor at its most staid. Christian Domschitz, one of Austria's best chefs, took over the kitchen in 2010. The menu changes frequently, but often includes veal goulash, minced salmon in thyme oil, or the dish Domschitz is famed for, lobster with creamy cabbage.
- Address: Burgtheater, Dr. Karl Lueger-Ring 2, 1st District, Vienna, A-1010 | Map It
- Phone: 01/532–4999
- Website: www.vestibuel.at
- U-Bahn: Tram: 1 or 2.
- Location: The Western City Center: Burgtheater and Beyond
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and 3 wks in Aug. No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I planned my trip using this forum and thought I should pay it forward and hopefully help someone else out there who is planning a trip. Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Need advice for my trip - 19 May - 3 June 2014.
Fly into Amsterdam and leave from Vienna.
Beginning at Amsterdam, my wife and I would like to travel by train and the 2 must visit place are Zermatt, Salszburgh. Read more
· News & Features
Think Europe is best in the springtime? ... Read more
The Palais Hansen Kempinski Vienna opened its doors last month for the first time since the 1873 World... Read more
Despite what it may seem like, with its rich classical music and architectural roots, Vienna is an incredibly... Read more