The main U.S. Post Office on St. Thomas is near the hospital, with branches in Charlotte Amalie, Frenchtown, Havensight, and Tutu Mall. Postal rates are the same as if you were in the mainland United States, but Express Mail and Priority Mail aren't as fast.
FedEx offers overnight service if you get your package to the office before 5 pm. Shipping services on St. Thomas are also available at Red Hook Mail Services. There's a post office in Cruz Bay, but the lines are often long.
There are post offices at Christiansted, Frederiksted, Gallows Bay, and Sunny Isle on St. Croix.
The FedEx office on St. Croix is in Peter's Rest Commercial Center; try to drop off your packages before 5:30 pm.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe