Water Department Barbecue
Water Department Barbecue Review
The Water Department Barbecue is the informal name for a lively Friday-night jump-up that's run by two fellows from the local water department. Friday afternoons the tents go up and the grills are fired. Cars line the streets and the guys dish up fabulous barbecue ribs and chicken—as certain customers lobby to get their water pressure adjusted. It's a classic Caribbean scene.
- Address: Pump Rd., Charlestown, Nevis
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Nevis
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Now back to a foot of snow and I miss the Caribbean sunshine.
I haven't been to St. Kitts & Nevis for over 23 years and was a little nervous about revisiting after all that time but we had a fabulous Read more
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more