Hermitage Plantation Inn
Hermitage Plantation Inn Review
After cocktails in the inn's antiques-filled parlor (the knockout rum punches are legendary), dinner is served on the verandah. Many ingredients are harvested from the inn's herb garden, fruit trees, piggery, and livestock collection; the scrumptious cured meats, baked goods, preserves, and ice creams are homemade. Sumptuous dishes lovingly prepared by the incomparable (and delightfully named) chef Lovey Boddie and team might include breadfruit-cheddar soufflé, seafood quenelles in gossamer curry cream, lemongrass-lime fish cakes with ginger aioli, lobster with tomato-basil butter and conch stuffing, herb-crusted lamb with rosemary and guava, and passion fruit-ginger cheesecake. A traditional wood-burning oven yields savory items as well. Wednesday night pig roasts are an island must. The ever-growing wine list is exceptionally priced. Bon mots and bonhomie serve as prelude, intermezzo, and coda for a lively evening.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
So, I realize I’ve been lax in my duty of writing a Trip Report. Read more
Our 10 year anniversary is this June. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more