- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Flights to Statia from St. Maarten are timed to coincide with the arrival of international flights. There is no regularly scheduled ferry service. Reconfirm your flight, because schedules can change abruptly. The departure fee from the island is $10. If flying out of St. Maarten, check to see if the international departure fee has already been added into your airline ticket.
Winair. The only way to get to Statia is on one of the regularly scheduled Winair flights from St. Maarten. You'll have to book this flight directly with Winair, either by phone or online. Winair has five daily flights from St. Maarten to St. Eustatius. Prices range from roughly $150 to $200. 599/545–4237 or 866/466–0410. www.fly-winair.com.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Airport. The flight from St. Maarten to Statia's Franklin Delano Roosevelt Airport takes 16 minutes. Oranjestad. 599/318–2887.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's