- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Kayaking
Gammy's Water Tours. One of the few licensed captains on the island, local boy Gammy Rohlsen is the man to hire for simple water-taxi service or for more comprehensive fishing or snorkeling adventures to Cayo Luis Peña or Isla Culebrita, St. Thomas, and Vieques. Calle 1, Culebra, 00775. 787/423-2469.
Culebra Eco Tours. Offering a fast-paced alternative to kayaking, Culebra's only Jet-Ski tour offers a way to cruise the crystal-clear waters in a different way. Rates start at $95 per person. Culebra, 00775. 787/902-7928. www.culebraecotours.net.
Pez Vela Charters. Operating out of Bahia Marina, sail trips on Captain Bill Penfield's 33-foot catamaran are a true island experience. Most popular is the Picnic Sail, which includes a bit of everything Culebra is known for—a visit to nearby Culebrita and Cayo Norte, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing—and includes breakfast and an end-of-day barbecue with the day's catch. Prices start at $125 per person and include all gear. Custom charters and private excursions can also be arranged. Bahia Marina, Fulladoza Bay, Culebra, 00775. 787/215-3809.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $399 & up -- San Juan 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, 3-Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean American Express Travel
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore