- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Karolette Sport Fishing. At Karolette Sport Fishing, you're in the capable hands of Captain Bill Burleson, who has fished these waters since 1966. He'll take you out for excursions in his bright yellow 46-foot Bertram powerboat. A half day of fishing along the continental shelf costs $680, while a full day (usually more than nine hours) of deep-water fishing costs $1,290. If nobody makes a catch, he'll cut the fee in half. Palmas del Mar, Anchor's Village Marina, Humacao, 00792. 787/637-7992. www.puertoricodeepseafishing.com.
Maragata Charters. Maragata Charters takes anglers out from Palmas del Mar on a 38-foot power catamaran. Snorkeling and combination trips to Monkey Island, Vieques, and Culebra are also offered. Palmas del Mar, Anchor's Village Marina, Slip #14, Humacao, 00792. 787/850-7548 Marina; 787/637-1802 Cell. www.maragatacharters.com. Four-hour tours start at $105 per person; eight-hour tours start at $200 per person.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 & up -- Bahamas 'Atlantis' w/Air Credit, up to 65% Off Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1399 & up -- 12-Nt. Caribbean Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore