- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This pretty, coral-and-white wooden building is garlanded year-round with Christmas lights, a harbinger of the good vibes within. It's the best place to eavesdrop on island gossip, as government functionaries file in for lunch (at least when day-trippers don't take over). Dine either in a trim room or on a breezy verandah (admittedly sans view). Occasionally you'll find old-time dishes like souse, but the menu is generally more upscale: specialties include velvety pumpkin soup, proper escargots, and tender lobster in sultry creole sauce or (even better) tangy garlic sauce. Entrées are served with heaping helpings of salads and sides. Fine desserts (moist carrot cake, cheesecake, and wonderfully textured coconut pie) end the meal and, surprisingly, good take-out pizza is available.
- Address: Brades,
- Phone: 664/491-3538
- Location: Montserrat
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $102 -- Punta Cana VIK Hotel, All-Incl. Garden View Room CheapCaribbean.com
- $156 -- Luxury Jamaica All-Inclusive Resorts, Save 55% Couples Resorts
- $599 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Beach Trip w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $599 -- Celebrity Cruise w/Balcony Cabin & Unlimited Drinks CruCon Cruise Outlet
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore
My Trip report on the Island of Montserrat. Read more
I thought I'd try something different for this trip report...writing some while I am relaxing on a verandah of villa in Montserrat overlooking our Caribbean blue pool, the ocean, the island of Nevis and Read more
I was wondering if anyone would take the time to answer a few questions about any experiences they may have had of Montserrat before or after the volcano in 1995, or better even both. Read more
· News & Features
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more
Need we say more?... Read more
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and... Read more