- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chez Clara Review
As a jazz dancer, Clara worked her way through Europe's capitals and was briefly a backup dancer for Claude François, a French music idol in the seventies. She's always been a colorful character, and her landmark restaurant is equally vivid; even the napkins offer a splash of color. The food here is is haute Creole, the curries intoxicating. Clara buys some spices from an Indian shop in Manhattan, and they're used here along with more local ones. The chef has a remarkable way of preparing lambi (conch), octopus, and local fish. A dessert surprise is sweet potato pie, a recipe from a Carolina girl who was her roomie in Paris.
- Address: Bord de Mer, St. Rose, Basse-Terre
- Phone: 0590/28–72–99
- Location: Basse-Terre
- No dinner Wed. and Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I know there are not many (any!) trip reports about Guadeloupe on this board, so I feel compelled to post a report with the highlights of a recent trip to the island. We started with 2 nights in Bouillante Read more
I am planning a trip for me boyfriend and I for the last week in March into April...roughly 6-8 days. I'm torn between these three islands although if someone has a suggestions I haven't mentioned please Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more