- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At this secret hideaway you'll see the churning sea below and hear the waves crashing against the coral rock upon which it sits. The interior architecture is all hardwood with matching furniture and white linen napkins. Primarily a grill, the simplicity is reflected in the food offerings. Kids are particularly fascinated when the lobster net is dipped into the tank and the thrashing begins. The fish of the night is fresh from the waters below, often accompanied by creole or tropical-fruit sauces. Creole dishes and sides are being gently contemporized by the French chef and offered as nightly specials.
- Address: La Créole Beach Hotel & Spa, Pointe de la Verdure, Gosier, Grande-Terre 97190
- Phone: 0590/90–46–66
- Location: Grande-Terre
- Reservations essential.
- Late spring–early fall, closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I know there are not many (any!) trip reports about Guadeloupe on this board, so I feel compelled to post a report with the highlights of a recent trip to the island. We started with 2 nights in Bouillante Read more
I am planning a trip for me boyfriend and I for the last week in March into April...roughly 6-8 days. I'm torn between these three islands although if someone has a suggestions I haven't mentioned please Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more