Restaurant at Casa Bonita
Restaurant at Casa Bonita Review
Whether it's lunch poolside shaded by a market umbrella or in the open-air dining room, all white with sleek furnishings, it's a joy just to be in this glorious environment. The panoramic view of the sea here looks extra dramatic after one of the house drinks—a mojito with basil, hold the mint. By night, tables are draped in white linen, and attentive waiters dressed in white guayabera shirts serve food with as many influences as the international music playing in the background. The Caribbean fusion menu utilizes fresh fish and local produce, notably the vegetables, fruit, and herbs from the hotel's own organic garden. Here the harvest of the sea is delectable, and the grilled octopus with capers, onions, and conch fritters dashed with smoked paprika is an incredible appetizer. You can continue with the grilled lobster and avocado-lemon basil salad. Are you a carnivore? Then you'll want the lemongrass-marinated beef filet; it comes with minted eggplant and Creole potatoes. Choose a good match from the wine cooler, and finish with a local specialty from the expanded dessert menu; try the sweet potato pudding with dual sauces (pineapple and passion fruit).
- Address: Casa Bonita Tropical Lodge, km 17, Carretera de la Costa, Bahoruco, 82000
- Phone: 809/476–5059
- Location: Barahona
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's