- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- for all its grandeur and size, it's as laid-back as the garden hammock
- sumptuous master suites have gas fireplaces
- security guards are in place 24 hours
- beach is rocky and requires reef shoes
- two Great Danes live on-site
- the staff of eight can be a bit much
Villa Castellamonte Review
When not rented in its entirety, this elegant villa in Orchid Bay Estates operates as a high-end B&B. All eight bedrooms face the pool complex and have been recently updated. You can swim in the zero-entry pool, bubble in the Jacuzzi, or descend the stairway that leads to a semiprivate, golden beach. The home offers as many diversions and amenities as a beach resort (including a well-stocked wine cellar); the caring staff makes it feel like home. Kids are welcome and love the game room, karaoke, shuffleboard, and more. Meals can be arranged (as can spa services) à la casa. Airport transfers are available from Puerto Plata, too.
- Address: Orchid Bay Estates, Casa #10, Cabrera | Map It
- Phone: 809/223–1072 cell; 888/589–8455 U.S./Canada toll free; 702/900–3121 U.S. direct
- Website: www.villa-castellamonte.com
- Location: Cabrera
- 8 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast, some meals, all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
Looking to surprise my wife with a vacation to celebrate our 15 year anniversary next summer. Read more
· News & Features
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more