- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Caribe Tours offers a four-hour bus service from the capital. There are stops in Sánchez, Las Terrenas, and Santa Bárbara de Samaná. There are six departures in each direction daily. From Santiago, Transporte PEPE runs four buses daily to Samaná, starting at 8 am, with the last, at 3 pm, a nonstop route to Las Terrenas.
From Puerto Plata, Transporte Papagayo is a private bus service leaving at 6:45 am from in front of the hospital. It goes as far as Sánchez, returning at 2 pm.
Caribe Tours (Av. 27 de Febrero, corner of Leopoldo Navarro, Santo Domingo. 809/221-4422. www.caribetours.com.do.)
Transporte PEPE (Calle Pedro Francisco Bonó, Santiago. 809/582-2134 or.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $98 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Eco Beach Resort, 15% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $48 & up -- Puerto Plata Lifestyle Beach Resort, 30% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $489 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Vacations w/Air Vacation Express
- $102 & up -- Punta Cana All-Incl. Family Friendly Resort — $102 CheapCaribbean.com
- $569 & up -- All-Incl. Dominican Republic Trip, 4-Nts. w/Air — $569 CheapCaribbean.com