- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Caribe Tours offers a four-hour bus service from the capital. There are stops in Sánchez, Las Terrenas, and Santa Bárbara de Samaná. There are six departures in each direction daily. From Santiago, Transporte PEPE runs four buses daily to Samaná, starting at 8 am, with the last, at 3 pm, a nonstop route to Las Terrenas.
From Puerto Plata, Transporte Papagayo is a private bus service leaving at 6:45 am from in front of the hospital. It goes as far as Sánchez, returning at 2 pm.
Caribe Tours (Av. 27 de Febrero, corner of Leopoldo Navarro, Santo Domingo. 809/221–4422. www.caribetours.com.do.)
Transporte PEPE (Calle Pedro Francisco Bonó, Santiago. 809/582–2134 or.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's