- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
La Mata Rosada
La Mata Rosada Review
The French chef/owner of La Mata, Yvonne Bastian, has been luring local expats and foodies since the late 1990s. She sets tables with white linens in an all-white interior that includes an array of ceiling fans to keep you cool; breezes sneak in from the bay across the street. There are plenty of excellent choices, like mahi mahi in coconut sauce with a mango chutney or a mix of grilled lobster and other shellfish; the grouper has a potato crust, with tomatoes and eggplant. Begin with the ceviche, a specialty of this port town, made with dorado (mahi mahi) and conch. Whether you go local or international, order the creole shrimp or a substantial salad, and you should leave satisfied. The desserts, like the chocolate terrine, are also presented with pride.
- Address: Av. Malecón 5B, Samaná
- Phone: 809/538–2388
- Location: Santa Bárbara de Samaná
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Wed. June–Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
Anyone know of a great massage place in Punta Cana (not in resorts)? Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more