- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
L'Atlantis Restaurant Review
Chef Gerard, honorary French consul and former private chef to François Mitterrand (as well as a culinary luminary in St. Tropez), is one of the pioneers in Las Terrenas. For decades, he has camped out at this laid-back outpost at the far end of Playa Bonita serving such refined cuisine as shrimp in cacao and whisky sauce and house-smoked fish. The fine local fish meet their fancy French fate here. He hand-picks the lobsters and sea crabs. Lunch can be taken under the shade of the palapa-roofed beach pavilion, contemporized with flowing white drapes (Wi-Fi, too). Candlelit dinners are enjoyed on the covered terrace. The backdrop is the Hotel Atlantis, a curvaceous assemblage of white stucco buildings that wouldn't look out of place on a Greek island.
- Address: Atlantis Hotel, Playa Bonita Las Terrenas, 32000
- Phone: 809/240–6111
- Location: Las Terrenas
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Beautiful resort. Read more
My husband was shot at the condo unit Serenity del sol in February 2012 during a robbery at the condo unit right beside us. Read more
We stayed in Santo Domingo before and did tourist attractions within two days. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more