Samaná Peninsula Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Independent travel. In a country that overdoes the all-inclusive resort, you'll find a happy change of pace in this harder-to-reach corner.
Boating to Parque Los Haitises. Visit the coastline islands and grottoes, kayaking along the coastline and through mangroves to discover the wildly verdant coast.
El Limón Waterfall. A horseback ride into the forest ends in a dazzling cascade.
Beachfront meal or drinks at Las Terrenas. At a small stretch on the beach at the heart, Pueblo de los Pescadores, eight fun and romantic restaurants stand on small stilts above the sand.
Pristine, secluded beaches. Playa Rincón and about a dozen rarely seen beaches offer unspoiled mountainside views, perfect sands, and privacy. The best can be reached only by hiring a boat.
The drive from Sánchez to Las Terrenas. Winding across the mountain, you'll take in views of the entire bay and beyond, to Los Haitises National Park.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's