- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
At a Glance
- while the hotel is little to write home about, it is a rare colorful place where local Cubans and foreign visitors inhabit a space together
- rickety old air-conditioners can be noisy
Hotel Guantánamo Review
Although nondescript, this hotel is really the only game in town. The food (¢) and accommodations are adequate; rooms have satellite TV and other standard amenities. To witness a surreal scene of local life, check out the frigid (the air-conditioning may well be turned up higher than any other establishment in Cuba) 2nd-floor bar.
- Address: Calle 13 y Calle Ahogado, Plaza Mariana Grajales Guantánamo, Guantánamo
- Phone: 21/38–1015
- Location: Guantánamo
- 124 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
· News & Features
Recently relaxed travel restrictions mean that Cuba, with its beautiful architecture and vibrant culture, ... Read more
The longstanding travel restrictions between the US and Cuba continue to ease, with new licenses granted... Read more
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences.... Read more