- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rocking the Bay
Cane Garden Bay is the place to go for live music, with Quito Rhymer frequently delighting the crowds at his Quito's Bar and Restaurant. Myett's is also a happening place some nights. The entire village really jams come May, when the BVI Music Fest gets going. Thousands of people arrive from around the Caribbean and around the world to listen to the best of the Caribbean's reggae, blues, and soca musicians.
Cane Garden Bay is a small but growing community on Tortola's North Shore. There are no chain hotels or sprawling resorts here—all the places to stay are small and locally owned. In addition to the handful of properties on the beach, there are plenty of others up on the hillsides that have eye-popping views. The area has plenty of places to eat, with lobster the specialty on many a menu.
The area fairly bustles on cruise-ship days as busload after busload of round-the-island tour groups disembark to snap a few pictures. Once they're gone, however, a modicum of peace returns to the village.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe