Built in 1727, the mill was operational until 1945. Today it's the only remaining windmill in Barbados with its wheelhouse and sails intact. No longer used to grind sugarcane, except for occasional demonstrations during crop season, the mill was donated to the Barbados National Trust in 1962 and eventually restored to original working specifications in 1998 by millwrights from the United Kingdom. Surrounding acres are used for dairy farming.
Southeast of Cherry Tree Hill, Morgan Lewis, St. Andrew, Barbados