- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Barbados & St. Lucia
Port St. Charles
At a Glance
- a boater's dream
- well-appointed units with beautiful views
- friendly and safe
- great restaurant
- not the best spot for little kids
- minimum 14-night stay for some units in high season
- noise may be a nuisance in villas adjacent to the main road
Check Rates from our Partners
Port St. Charles Review
A luxury residential marina development near historic Speightstown on the northwest tip of Barbados, Port St. Charles is a perfect choice for boating enthusiasts who either arrive on their own yacht or plan to charter one during their stay. Each villa is an intimate private home, decorated by the individual owners, with its own mega-yacht berth. Port St. Charles also serves as a customs and immigration port of entry for boaters. Villas have one, two, or three bedrooms that surround the protected lagoon or face the beach. Many units have private plunge pools. Complimentary water taxis ferry guests around the property during the day—including to the pool and pool bar at Sunset Island in the middle of the lagoon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was our first trip to the Caribbean and we were not disappointed! Read more
Our holiday in Barbados was structured thus: 2 days Amaryllis Hotel, Hastings; 7 days cruise (not reported here); 5 days Bougainvillea Hotel, Maxwell.
The Amaryllis is a good enough hotel staffed by, as Read more
I volunteer as an animal rescue person and would like to find a Caribbean Island that does not have a big stray dog and cat problem - so I can go away and relax and not be depressed.
Any suggestions would Read more
· News & Features
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach ... Read more
Whether you call it rum, rhum, or ron, rum is one of the most diverse spirits in the world.... Read more
Put down that umbrella drink.... Read more