- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The southernmost Bahamas islands are remote, exposed to the open Atlantic, and ruggedly dramatic. One hundred and thirty miles southeast of Nassau, Cat Island lies to the west of diminutive San Salvador, about the size of Manhattan. Long Island, which is indeed long, stretches 80 mi across the Tropic of Cancer, due south of Cat Island. Windswept Crooked and Acklins islands, each with about 400 residents, are southeast of Long Island. And way down at the southernmost point of the country is Inagua, only 55 mi northeast of Cuba and 60 mi north of Haiti.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe