- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kite Sailing and Other Water Sports
Club Med – Columbus Isle. If you are not a guest at Club Med, you can buy a day pass for $50 which gives you access to water sports (including daily guided snorkeling trips, Hobie Cat sailing, paddleboards, kayaks, and windsurfing) and regular sports activities (including group power walks and jogging, beach volleyball, tennis, various aerobics classes, yoga, and tai chi). The day pass includes lunch and all you can drink and is good from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm. Club Med, San Salvador Island. 242/331–2000. www.clubmed.us.
Guanahani Surf & Sail Center. San Salvador is one of the last "uncrowded kite surfing paradises," with ideal wind conditions and year-round warm waters. Licensed by IKO (International Kiteboarding Organization), the Guanahani Surf & Sail Center offers in-depth kiteboarding instruction for every level. Led by qualified trainers with Cabrinha kites and boards, courses last anywhere from 3–10 hours, and are best done over the course of a few days. The flat, calm shallow waters in Snow Bay offer the perfect practice and play area. Snow Bay, Sunrise Rd., San Salvador Island. 242/452–0438. www.guanahanibeachclub.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Kite Sailing and Other Water Sports
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's