- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Galloway Landing Review
This remarkable beach on the South East coast of the island, south of Clarence Town is relatively unknown and visited mostly by the locals. Swim and sun at the first beach, or walk a short distance south to an even more wonderful and secluded stretch of sand. Here, canals carved into the limestone hills by the now defunct Diamond Salt Mine are filled with the palest blue ocean water and are home to small marine life. It's a wonderful area to kayak, snorkel and swim, and collect sea glass. A bit farther south, a narrow bridge leads to beyond-stunning lagoons and ocean flats. Amenities: none. Best for: solitude; snorkeling; swimming; walking.
- Address: 2.4 miles southwest of Clarence Town, Long Island
- Location: South Long Island: Deadman's Cay to Gordon's
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We had a short (3 day) trip to Sandals Grand Bahamian. Read more
It took over four months, but I have finally prepared a trip report from the
Bahamas in February. Read more
Hello Forum Members !!!!!
Have read a lot about this community n i think its time for me n my fiance to put up our honeymoon query !! We from New Delhi, India, and are planning to visit the Caribbea Read more
· News & Features
It's not too late to book a festive Christmas cruise to the Caribbean! ... Read more
Here are 11 reasons to sit at your computer on Cyber Monday and click away in pursuit of your next beach... Read more
A babymoon in the Bahamas has one order of business: you must do absolutely nothing.... Read more