- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Coral Reefs, teeming with fish and mysterious shipwrecks, make great diving off the north end of the island, where visibility ranges from 165 to 200 feet thanks to a natural filtering system of limestone and rich fauna. The dive sites are a 10- to 15-minute boat ride from Shannas Cove Resort.
Diving with Shannas Cove Resort. This is not a licensed dive shop, but the owners of Shannas Cove are master divers and will organize exclusive diving tours upon request—for beginners and experienced divers alike. They also offer individual reef diving, steep face diving, and more from their 22-foot Catamaran. Diving spots can be reached within 5-30 minutues. Well-maintained equipment is available for rent. Shanna's Cove Resort, north of Orange Creek, Cat Island. 242/354–4249 or 242/359–9668. www.shannas-cove.com. Closed Sept.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe