Champagne Beach Review
One of the most beautiful beaches in the South Pacific, Champagne Beach gets its name from the underwater springs that send effervescent bubbles to the surface at one end of the beach. On the northeast coast of the island of Espiritu Santo, a 50-minute flight from the Vanuatu capital of Port Vila, the beach can be accessed from the port of Luganville (50 km away) or better still from accommodations at nearby Lonnoc Beach Bungalows resort. The beach—with its powdery sand, translucent water, border of palm trees, and with views to Elephant Island—is just around the bend from Lonnoc, about a 15-minute walk. P&O Cruises' ships often call at the island for a day tour, so some days it gets busy, but there's room for all.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Thank you to all the Fodorites who helped plan this trip of a lifetime. Read more
Ok, quick review. Read more
Bookiers be warned! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more