- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- nice oceanfront restaurant and bar
- eco-suites are across the road from the beach but still have great coastal views
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Punakaiki Resort Review
The modern beach-house design blends well with the dynamic coastal site; the front steps of the hotel reach almost onto the beach, and driftwood, flax, sand, and surf are all part of the deal. There's a mix of hotel rooms on the seaward side of the road and eco-rooms and villas just across the road; the villas have a small kitchenette area. The restaurant and bar have floor-to-ceiling windows and big, comfy leather chairs so you can enjoy the place no matter what the weather. Ask for a room on the seaward side for a really salty taste in your mouth.
- Address: State Hwy. 6, 2, 200 yards south of Pancake Rocks, Punakaiki, 7873
- Phone: 03/731–1168; 0800/786–2524 (NZ only)
- Website: www.punakaiki-resort.co.nz
- Location: Paparoa National Park
- 27 rooms, 12 eco-rooms, 22 villas.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hai everyone... I finally visited New Zealand... Yeay!!!! I am pretty proud of myself because I did all the driving and planning... We had 12 days journey in North Island from October 13 to October 24.. Read more
August 15-Sept 14, 2013
My love affair with the South Island of New Zealand continues. Read more
Hi guys, I'm starting to organize my wardrobe for 5 days in Sydney and 10 day cruise to Auckland on Regent Voyager in January. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more