- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
Blue Duck Café & Bar
Blue Duck Café & Bar Review
The view out the front window, across Milford Sound to Mitre Peak and the mountains beyond, is amazing—and the food's not bad, either. The cafe opens for cooked breakfast and lunch; choices include wraps, rolls, sushi and sandwiches, there are even options for vegetarians. The bar opens at 4pm and serves hearty gourmet pub food Southern New Zealand–style. This is the only public bar in Milford, so you get a good mix of tourists and locals.
- Address: Milford Sound, Milford, 9679
- Phone: 03/249–7926
- Location: Milford Sound
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more