- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Call at least one day in advance to arrange your jump—weather permitting—and expect to pay around NZ$249–$339 per jump.
Freefall. On a tandem skydive you're attached to a professional skydiver for a breathtaking leap. Depending on altitude, free fall can last from a few seconds to close to a minute. Freefall is one local operator. 07/378–4662 or 0800/373–335. www.freefall.net.nz.
Taupo Tandem Skydiving. Taupo Tandem Skydiving will give you a thrill along with a bird's eye view of Taupo. 07/377–0428 or 0800/826-336. www.tts.net.nz.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe