- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
At a Glance
- quiet and peaceful
- lovely welcoming hosts
- on the hill away from sulfur smells
- Cooked egg breakfast not available if hosts are attending early morning sport events
Check Rates from our Partners
Arias Farm Review
This modern home is set on a peaceful lifestyle farm landon the hills overlooking Rotorua, but it's only a few minutes from the city center. Chris and Kerris are delightful hosts and provide excellent facilities and a warm welcome. There are areas for volleyball and petanque (lawn bowling), and children can roam among the lambs and chickens while lop-eared rabbits scurry through the grass. A delightful place to spend some time for old and young alike.
- Address: 396 Clayton Rd., Rotorua, 3015 | Map It
- Phone: 07/348–0790; 021/753–691 cell
- Website: www.ariasfarm.com
- Location: Rotorua Environs
- 1 2-bedroom cottage, 1 3-bedroom cottage, 1 double room, 1 sleep 3—both with en suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We recently returned from a visit down under and have posted a review of our cruise on that forum. Read more
I had a few extra days after a meeting in Christchurch to see some places I've missed in previous trips to NZ. Read more
My husband and I are going to be in New Zealand from March 19-26. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more