- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Surfing with Frank. Gisborne has three good surfing beaches close to town. Waikanae Beach, a short walk from the visitor center on Grey Street, usually has good learners' surf, and the Pipe and the Island are for the more experienced. The Pipe is just south of Waikanae; the Island fronts the Titarangi Domain. You can arrange for lessons at Surfing with Frank. Rates start at NZ$50 for 2-4 people; private lessons are NZ$75 for 2 hours; surfboard and wetsuit hire is NZ$25. 06/867-0823. www.surfingwithfrank.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's