Shopping in Auckland
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ponsonby is known for its design stores and fashion boutiques. Auckland's main shopping precincts for clothes and shoes are Queen Street and Newmarket; Queen Street is particularly good for outdoor gear, duty-free goods, greenstone jewelry, and souvenirs. O'Connell and High streets also have a good smattering of designer boutiques, bookstores, and other specialty shops. There is a growing number of big malls in the suburbs, among the busiest Sylvia Park in Mount Wellington, Westfield Albany in Albany, and Botany Downs Centre in Botany Downs. These malls host a range of shopping but are more fun for people-watching than purchasing.
Browse Auckland Shopping
Browse Auckland Shopping By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's