- Travel Tips
- French Phrases
While you won't see this name much, it is the official name for the area on Moorea's northwest corner with the biggest concentration of hotels, restaurants, boutiques, and other shops strung along the main road, or just off it toward the lagoon. Moorea residents like to say there isn't really a main town on the island at all, but Tiahura seems the closest thing to it as far as tourists are concerned. It extends into Hauru Point. The focal point is the Le Petit Village shopping center, a pearl shop, a bank, souvenirs stores, and an Internet café.
- Address: PK 25–30 counterclockwise, Coastal road, Moorea
- Location: North Coast
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Howdy! Read more
This trip report is all about Moorea in French Polynesia but I'll start first with a quick summary of my time in the USA (highlights only)
*FLIGHTS: NZ to SAN FRAN to WASHINGTON DC *
My fiance' and I are trying to get some recommendations for our honeymoon this fall. Read more