Fijian departure tax is $40, payable at the airport in local currency before passing through immigration. Sometimes the departure tax is included in the price of the flight, so check your booking before arriving at the airport. The local value-added tax (V.A.T.) is set at 12.5% and is levied on all goods in excess of concessions. Most accommodation includes the V.A.T. in the rate, but ask to be certain.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe