Taveuni is a good place to rent a four-wheel-drive if you plan on visiting Des Voeux Peak and Vuna Point in the south while staying in the north. Otherwise the buses, though somewhat unpredictable, are a great way to meet locals. You may be able to rent a taxi with a knowledgeable driver to guide you for around $150 a day. Budget Rent A Car in Naquara is open weekdays 8-5.
Budget Rent A Car (E Naqara, Taveuni. 672-2735.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1099* -- Australia/NZ Flights w/Fiji Stop From West Coast Air Pacific
- $1999 & up -- Fiji 5-Star Escape w/Oceanview Room & Massages Outdoor Travel Adventures