Taveuni is a good place to rent a four-wheel-drive if you plan on visiting Des Voeux Peak and Vuna Point in the south while staying in the north. Otherwise the buses, though somewhat unpredictable, are a great way to meet locals. You may be able to rent a taxi with a knowledgeable driver to guide you for around $150 a day. Budget Rent A Car in Naquara is open weekdays 8-5.
Budget Rent A Car (E Naqara, Taveuni. 672–2735.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's